www.fishisthedish.co.uk and www.fishisthedish.com are owned by Seafish, the authority on seafood, a Non Departmental Public Body (NDPB) sponsored by the four UK government fisheries departments and funded by a levy on seafood.
Promotional Terms & Conditions
Your use of the Fish is the Dish website and the information contained on it is subject to the following terms and conditions. Your continued use of the Fish is the Dish website indicates that you have accepted them in their entirety and without change. Seafish reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time.
All material included on the website is intended for general information purposes only. It is not intended to be legal or professional advice. Users should take appropriate action to verify the information provided and should not act or refrain from acting on the information contained on the Seafish website without first verifying the information and obtaining their own legal and/or professional advice.
All content uploaded by users will become the property of Seafish. By submitting content, you grant us a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable licence to use, reproduce, distribute, and make derivative works of your entry in any media and through any media channel.
Information may be changed or updated without notice. Seafish is providing the Fish is the Dish website on an 'as is' basis and makes no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to the Fish is the Dish website or its contents and expressly disclaims all such representations and warranties. In addition, Seafish makes no representations or warranties about the accuracy, completeness or suitability for any purpose of the information and related graphics published on the Fish is the Dish website.
The information contained on the Fish is the Dish website may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. All liability of Seafish howsoever arising for any such inaccuracies or errors is expressly excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Neither Seafish nor any of its employees or other representatives will be liable for loss or damage arising out of or in connection with the use of the Fish is the Dish website. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property (whether or not advised of the possibility of loss) and claims of third parties.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, none of the exclusions and limitations in the clause are intended to limit your rights as a consumer under local law or other statutory rights which may not be excluded nor in any way to exclude or limit Seafish's liability to you for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or that of our employees or agents.
Seafish does not accept any liability in connection with any third party sites that can be accessed through the Fish is the Dish website and does not endorse, approve or take responsibility for the contents of any such site.
In relation to any dispute arising out of use of the Fish is the Dish website the user and Seafish agree to submit exclusively to the jurisdiction of the law of Scotland.
Material on this web site is the copyright of Seafish. It may be reproduced without formal permission or charge for personal or in-house use. Permission to reproduce any of this material other than for personal or in-house use should be sought from:
Marketing Project Manager
T: 0131 524 8691
Where any items on this site are being republished or copied to others, the source of the material must be identified and the copyright status acknowledged.
Permission to reproduce material does not extend to any material on this site which is identified as being the copyright of a third party. Authorisation to reproduce such material must be obtained from the copyright holders concerned.
Submitting your own recipes
Terms and Conditions: Fish Is The Dish Twitter Christmas Promotion
Fish is the Dish Advent Calendar
Please ensure you read the Terms & Conditions before taking part in this weekly promotion.
- Open to residents of the UK, CI, and IOM, aged 16 years or over.
- Employees and the immediate families of the promoter, its agents or anyone professionally connected with the promotion may not participate.
- Opening date of the promotion: 1 December 2013, running every day at 7am, closing at 11.59pm on the same day.
- Closing date of the promotion: 24 December 2013, 11.59pm
- Internet access required to enter into the Twitter Advent Calendar promotion, participants must retweet the message provided by @fishisthedish Twitter handle to be in with a chance of winning.
- All participants must follow the official Fish Is The Dish UK Twitter page, @fishisthedish, to be entered into the free prize draw.
- No purchase necessary for entry.
NUMBER OF ENTRIES ALLOWED
- Only one Retweet per member per day. Every message is entered into the free prize draw.
- Those who tweet more than once will be disqualified from this promotion.
- Details of prizes will be revealed each day in a tweet at 7am - it is this tweet which must be retweeted in order to enter the competition, and the prize announced each day is the only prize available for entries that same day.
- Winners will be selected at random using a selection system that chooses one retweet (per prize, in the instance of multiple prizes on a given day) from all retweets on each day of the competition.
- The winner will be notified via Twitter within two weeks of the day on which they entered the competition.
- Fish Of The Dish will request (via private mail) the address to which the winner would like the prize sent.
- In the event the claim for a prize is not received by the promoter within 28 days of such notification, the promoter reserves the right to withdraw prize entitlement and award the prize to a reserve selected at the same time as the original.
- There are no cash or other alternative prizes available in whole or in part and, unless otherwise agreed in writing by the promoter, the prizes will only be awarded directly to the winners.
- The promoter’s decisions regarding all promotional matters shall be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winners’ names and counties will be available upon request within 1 month of the closing date by sending a SAE to Fish is the Dish - Advent Competition, Seafish Authority, 18 Logie Mill, Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh, EH7 4HS.
Winners will be announced on Twitter after the event.
No responsibility will be accepted for any entries that cannot be made or are not received or included in the draw for any reason whatsoever.
Fish is the Dish will use your personal details to send you brand information and details of activities that they feel will be of interest to you. Your details will not be passed to any third parties, and you will be able to unsubscribe at any time.
Fish Is The Dish forms part of the Seafish Authority. The promoter is Seafish Authority, 18 Logie Mill, Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh, EH7 4HS. Please do not send entries to this address.
Fish is the Dish Facebook Promotion: November 2013
WIN a set of three LEGO Storage Boxes!
Please ensure you read the Terms & Conditions before taking part in this promotion.
a) Open to residents of the UK, CI and IOM, ROI aged 16 years or over.
b) Employees and their immediate families of the promoter, its agents or anyone professionally
connected with the promotion may not participate.
2. PROMOTION DATES
a) Entries open on the 1st November 2013 and close on 30th November 2013.
a) Internet access required to enter into the promotion
b) All participants must ‘Like’ the Fish is the Dish Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/fishisthedish
c) Participants must answer the relevant multiple choice question provided on the Fish is the Dish Facebook page.
d) No purchase necessary for entry.
4. NUMBER OF ENTRIES ALLOWED
a) Only one entry per Facebook User, during this promotion.
b) All entries must be made directly by the person entering the promotion. Syndicated entries or those made using methods such as a computer macro, a script or the use of automated devices or processes or any multiple entries submitted by multiple or other invalid e-mail addresses or by any other means are not allowed and all such entries will be disqualified.
c) The promoter reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to verify all entries and winners and to refuse to award a prize or withdraw prize entitlement where there is, or th e promoter has reasonable grounds to believe there is or has been a breach of these terms and conditions or entry requirements.
a) Three winners will be selected at random using an automated selection system, from the database of all correct entries received, and notified by email within two weeks of the closing date.
b) In the event the claim for a prize is not received by the Promoter within 28 days of such notification, the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw prize entitlement and award the prize to a reserve selected at the same time as the original.
c) The winning prize consists of: 1 x set of 3 LEGO Storage Boxes
d) There is no cash or other alternative prizes available.
e) The promoter's decisions regarding all promotional matters shall be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
f) The winner’s names and counties will be available within 28 business days of the competition closing on http://www.fishisthedish.co.uk/news-events for three months.
g) Seafish will contact winners directly and will send prizes directly to the winner’s address.
a) Winners may be required to take part in reasonable related publicity with no further recompense.
a) No responsibility will be accepted for any entries that cannot be made or are not received or included in the draw for any reason whatsoever.
8. DATA COLLECTION
a) By entering this promotion you agree to allow Fish is the Dish to use your personal details to send you brand information and details of activities that they feel will be of interest to you. Your details will not be passed to any third parties, and you will be able to unsubscribe at any time by unliking us on Facebook.
a) Fish is the Dish is part of The Seafish Industry Authority
b) The Promoter is The Seafish Industry Authority, with offices at 18 Logie Mill, Logie Green Road, Edinburgh, EH7 4HS
c) Please do not send entries to this address.
9. This promotion is no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You are providing your information to the Promoter, not Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for the promotion. By entering the promotion all participants agree to a complete liability release for Facebook.
Fish is the Dish Education Resource Packs
By signing up for your Fish is the dish resource pack, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
The packs are only available to teachers who are teaching the Key Stage 1 in England for 2013-14 academic year.
2. EDUCATION RESOURCE PACK TIMING
Education packs are designed to be used in session 2013-14 in England and will be sent out to schools after the October break 2013.
To apply for a pack you need to complete the form on the Fish is the dish site in the Education section.
No fees are necessary for entry. The Fish is the dish resource pack will be supplied free of charge.
4. NUMBER OF ENTRIES ALLOWED
There are 2000 Fish is the dish resource packs being produced and only one entry per school is allowed, these will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
In return for your free pack, we just ask that you complete a 10 minute online survey to help us evaluate the project for future use. We will send this to you by email when the evaluation is live.
6. DATA COLLECTION
Fish is the Dish may use your school details to send you brand information and details of activities that they feel will be of interest to you. Your details will not be passed to any third parties, and you will be able to unsubscribe at any time.
7. ORGANISATION DETAILS
Fish is the Dish is part of The Sea Fish Industry Authority. The Sea Fish Industry Authority, with offices at 18 Logie Mill, Logie Green Road, Edinburgh, EH7 4HS
For further information on this project please email email@example.com