Hake in a Hurry
Watch the video above to see for yourself how easy this dish is with Karen's step-by-step video.
- Pre-heat oven to 180° C/ 375° F / Gas 5. Wash and dry the hake fillets.
- Pour a little oil into a large baking tray; then place the hake fillets in the tray and gently turn over and around the oil to cover. Sprinkle the breadcrumbs over the top and then turn the fish fillets over and sprinkle more breadcrumbs over the other side.
- Season the breaded fillets with salt and pepper and bake in a pre-heated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the crumbs are golden and crispy.
- Serve immediately with lemon wedges, tartar sauce and seasonal vegetables and potatoes.
Prep time: 10-12 minutes
Cooking time: 16-20 minutes
- 4 hake fillets, de-boned and skinned
- Vegetable oil, such as rapeseed oil
- Breadcrumbs, to coat
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Seasonal veg and lemon to accompany
- Spoonful of tartar sauce per person